- Maintain a good appearance and neat grooming.
- Attend work regularly.
- Be punctual: work start times, meetings, and appointments.
- Complete your assignments on time, every time.
- Meet production goals; no excuses.
- Commit to the position, and stick to it.
- Maintain open communication with your manager.
- Make sure you understand your assignments. If you don't, get clarification.
- Act professionally. Treat those around you with respect.
- Be ready to learn and adapt to your new environment.
- Keep a positive "can-do" attitude.
- Avoid gossip and negative co-workers.
Tuesday, 2 November 2010
Checklist for Success in Your First Job
By Tamara Dowling, CPRW